What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a form of complementary therapy using essential oils and is designed to treat the whole person and not just the symptom or disease by assisting the body’s natural ability to balance, regulate, heal and maintain itself.
Essential oils consist of tiny aromatic molecules that are readily absorbed via the skin, and whilst breathing they enter the lungs. These therapeutic constituents next enter the bloodstream and are carried around the body where they can deliver their beneficial healing powers. A small quantity of essential oil is required to bring about results and this is often mixed with a base/carrier product such as oil, cream or lotion.
Application and therapy, combining beautiful aromas, massage, aromatic baths and other treatments all work to regulate, balance, heal and maintain your entire being by working with nature.
What are the benefits of Aromatherapy?
- Strengthens the immune system
- Highly effective treatments for both acute and chronic stages of illness
- Works on mental, emotional and physical levels
- Relieves insomnia
- Enhances lymphatic drainage which helps to reduce fluid retention
- Promotes deep relaxation
- Calms and soothes the mind
- Helps reduce nervous tension and stress
- Lifts the mood and reduces feelings of depression
- Balances the mind and body