Mindfulness is the practice of being present and aware in the moment with either our internal or external experiences empowering us to see clearly what is happening in our lives. It offers us the opportunity to develop a more positive approach to life by cultivating clarity, insight, understanding and compassion towards ourselves, others and situations that may arise during our daily and life experiences. Practicing mindfulness allows us to step away from habitual patterns and reactions to everyday events, develops our ability to make positive choices and changes to our mental, emotional, physical and spiritual well-being.
What are the benefits of developing a mindful approach to life?
- Reduces stress
- Reduces blood pressure
- Alleviates depression and anxiety
- Restores health and well-being
- Calms the mind and promotes clear thinking
- Helps with pain management
- Improves personal and professional relationships
- Enables automatic thought and behaviour patterns to be changed
- Enables a positive response to be achieved when facing difficult or complex issues and situations